- 1 14 oz. can(s) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup(s) lime juice, fresh (4-6 limes)
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger root minced
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 3/4 pound(s) chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
Marinade: In a small non-reactive saucepan, whisk coconut milk with lime juice, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
Cut chicken and bell peppers into 1-1/2" pieces. Marinate chicken pieces in the coconut mixture for at least 30 minutes (the longer, the better).
Assemble kabobs: place chicken and bell peppers alternately onto 10-12 wooden skewers. Place into a large glass-baking dish. Pour marinade over the skewers. Cover with Saran wrap and place in refrigerator.
Containers: Ten to Twelve 10" Wooden Skewers and a Large Glass Baking Dish (to marinate in).
Remove skewers from marinade. Broil approximately 6 minutes, turning once just until chicken is cooked.