- 12 standard paper baking cup liners
- 2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (preferably Guittard 63% Extra Dark Chocolate Chips)*
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée (unsweetened)
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond meal, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin purée, melted butter, and maple syrup. Add to almond meal mixture; mix until just combined.
4. Divide batter evenly among lined muffin cups, filling each to the brim. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the muffins are nicely browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool completely on rack for about 1 hour.
*Note: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, raisins, or currants may be substituted for each 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
1 muffin per serving