- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sautéing
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for sautéing
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounce grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line full-size stainless steel pan(s) with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots, mushrooms, Italian herb blend, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until shallots are tender and mushrooms have released most of their liquid. Remove from the heat.
3. Drain mushroom mixture well and transfer to prepared pan(s). Sprinkle evenly with goat cheese.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over mushroom mixture in pan(s). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If frittata is browning too quickly, cover with lid or aluminum foil until done. Garnish each serving with grape tomatoes and a sprinkle of chives.