- 1 cup sprouted short brown rice, uncooked
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves, (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 1/2 ounce arugula
1. Cook rice according to package directions, replacing half of the water with broth.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; sauté for about 10 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and spinach; cook for about 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
4. In a large bowl, combine vegetable mixture, cooked rice and three-fourths of the Parmesan cheese. Divide filling mixture evenly among pepper halves, gently packing it down to fully fill each pepper half. Sprinkle remaining one-fourth of the Parmesan cheese over filled peppers. Place peppers on prepared baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over a bed of arugula.
2 pepper halves per serving