- For the Vegetable Wrap
- 2 Sushi Nori sheets
- ½ Avocado, flesh scooped out
- ½ Fennel bulb, shaved finely
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, blanched and shaved
- 1 cup Cauliflower, raw and shaved
- Handful Sunflower seeds (raw)
- For the Lentil Hummus
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon salt
Layer the vegetables and seeds on the nori sheet. Tuck in the outer corners and gently roll the nori, using your hands. Slice into small pieces or serve as is!
For the Lentil Hummus:
Heat water in a small saucepan over high heat until boiling. Add lentils and reduce heat to low. Simmer until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Drain through a fine mesh strainer and let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
Place lentils, garlic, and tahini in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until lentils are broken up.
With the motor running, add oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and blend until evenly incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure that all the lentils are blended with spices and tahini until smooth and creamy.
Serve the wrap with the lentil hummus as dipping sauce.
Saute Pan or Grill pan