- 1 lb Ground Sirloin Beef (good quality, lean)
- ¼ - ½ cup Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Galangal, finely grated
- 6 Shallots, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 Tbsp Ground Roasted Sticky Rice Powder
- 2 Tbsp Scallion, chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped (stem and leaf okay)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Dried Red Chile Pepper
- 1 bunch Mint Leaves
- 1 Fresh Thai Chile, sliced thin crosswise (optional)
- 1 head Green Cabbage or Green Leaf Lettuce, cut in 4-inch squares
Combine beef with lime juice, fish sauce, galangal and shallots.
Heat a skillet or wok and cook meat until no longer pink.
Remove from heat. Add the sticky rice powder, scallion, cilantro, dried red chili powder.
Mix to combine well.
Spoon onto a serving platter and garnish with mint leaves and Thai chiles. Serve with Thai basil leaves, mint, the cabbage and lettuce squares.