- 8 ounces block tempeh, cut into 1/2 inch cubes tofu, steamed or lightly sauted
- 2 avocados divided
- 1/2 red onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, optional instaed of the raw garlic
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 1 celery stalk, small dice
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 leaves butterhead lettuce
- 8 slices sprouted grain bread, toasted
Steam the tempeh cubes for 15 minutes. You can also gently cook the tempeh with a little oil in a saute pan on medium heat for about 10 min, turning often.
While tempeh is cooking, dice the vegetables and slice 1 avocado. Mash the other avocado and add lemon juice and garlic to the diced vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
After tempeh is cool, roughly chop the pieces and mix in with the avocado mixture. Serve on toasted bread or wraps with the sliced avocado and lettuce.