- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 oz diced smoked turkey sausage
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 4 whole eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, optional
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh chives
In a large skillet coated with oil, cook onion and bell pepper over medium-low heat, stirring often for about five minutes.
Increase heat to medium; add sausage and garlic; cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, three minutes.
Add tomatoes, thyme and oregano; season with salt and pepper; simmer until most of liquid evaporates, about five minutes.
Whisk eggs and Parmesan in a bowl; add salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet coated with oil over medium heat.
Add egg mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring, until eggs are set, three to five minutes. Top with tomato mixture and chives.