- 1 medium Butternut Squash, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 large Sweet Potato, halved lengthwise
- 4+ cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup ½ & ½, room temperature
- 6 Sage Leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Butter
- ¼ cup Parsley, minced
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place squash and sweet potato halves on a sheet tray. Place in oven for 30-45 minutes until cooked through and tender. Cool slightly and remove flesh from skins.
Heat butter in small sauce pan on medium heat until it starts to brown. Remove from heat, let cool for a few minutes. Add sage and set aside.
In batches; place squash, sweet potato, stock, ½ & ½, and sage brown butter into a blender. Puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. If needed, reheat in a pot on low heat. Serve garnished with parsley.