- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 flax eggs (reference this recipe for how to make them)
- 2 tablespoons nut/seed butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (powder or extract)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9ʺx 9ʺ baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the sides with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, quinoa, sugar, baking powder, and hemp seeds.
In a separate bowl, mix the banana, nut butter, flax eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist, but not runny.
Fold in the blueberries.
Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
Bake on the center rack for 25 – 35 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
Remove and let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). Store in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days.