- 2 Eggs
- 1 large Ripe Banana, mashed
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup Whey Protein (optional)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pitted Dates
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup Toasted Wheat Germ or Almond Meal (GF)
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour, or Buckwheat Flour (GF)
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted, optional
Preheat an oven to 300F. Lightly oil a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Mix the eggs, banana, oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, protein powder, dates, raisins, walnuts, apricots, maple syrup, and flour together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined; Let soak for an hour.
Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
NOTE: If not using the whey protein powder add ¼ of almond meal to retain the moisture balance.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; set aside to cool. Cut into 9 bars and wrap individually to store. These make large snacks and can easily be cut to ½ size/
Optional: Brush or drizzle melted dark chocolate on top of bars before serving.
• Baking dish
• Mixing bowls
• Wooden spoon