- .25 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini 1/4" half moon
- 1 summer squash 1/4" half moon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups beef broth reduced sodium
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes reduced sodium
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
Toast pumpkin seeds in pan on stovetop over medium heat until lightly browned.
Brown beef in dutch oven over medium-low heat with onion, celery, bell peppers and oregano until meat is cooked and vegetables have begun to soften, about 10 minutes.
Add garlic and all spices and stir for 1 minutes,
Add zucchini and summer squash and saute briefly, about 2 minutes.
Stir in broth, tomatoes and beans and simmer for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve.
Heat in microwave or in sauce pan on stove top until hot throughout. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!